Our Childcare Mission & Vision
At Discovery Corner Childcare & Enrichment Center, our philosophy in operating a child
care program is two-fold: to meet the needs of parents for affordable, quality child care;
and to insure that a child’s individual needs are met through our staffing and programming.
Our daycare program is based on sound principles of child development. Our goals are
to give children a sense of self worth by helping them develop at their own pace while
learning. We want the children to feel confident and secure enough to explore and
grow in a stimulating educational and social daycare environment.
We provide activities in the following early childhood development areas:
- Social Development (Getting along in groups, Learning responsible behavior (such as sharing, respecting ethnic/cultural/age/sexual differences etc)
- Cognitive Development (Building reading and writing skills, providing experience with math and science, fostering imagination and creativity
- Language Skills (Listening, speaking, following directions, learning numbers, relational concepts and classification skills leading to problem solving)
- Physical Development (Developing large and small muscle skills, exploring rhythms and movement, improving eye-hand coordination and perceptual skills)
- Emotional Development (Fostering cooperation, Developing independence, initiative and trust, Experiencing art, music, drama and dance)